Home health care provides medical treatment for an illness or injury, with the goal of helping you recover, regain independence and become as self-reliant as possible.
Good Life Home Health offers health care services such as skilled nursing, home health aides, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. We also offer special service programs that actively involve you in your health care process, addressing conditions including:
- Heart disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Pain management
- Wound care
- Infusion therapy
- Rehabilitation therapy – After surgery or strengthening after Illness
Who pays for home health care services?
- Medicare and Medi-Cal cover almost all services and supplies needed for Home Health Care.
- Private insurances typically cover the majority of costs for Home Health Care.
- Companion Care is private pay and in some cases long term care insurance.
How often will my home health care visits be?
- The Nursing, Therapy and Home Health Aides are typically scheduled around the needs of each individual.
- The plan of care is coordinated with the physician to provide the most benefit to the patient.
Who is eligible for home health care?
- People that require nursing or therapy that can be safely cared for in their home on an intermittent basis. (Not intended for long term care).
- People that have the above “skilled service needs” and are homebound; meaning it is very taxing to get out of the house without assistance.
What qualifies as a “home” when home health care is being considered?
- Any private residence, an assisted living facility or residential care facility can be considered “home”. (Skilled nursing facilities provide their own nursing and therapy and therefore are not included as “home”)